Z shell, is an extended version of the Bourne Shell (sh), with plenty of new features, and support for plugins and themes. Since it’s based on the same shell as Bash, ZSH has many of the same features, and switching over is a breeze.
Install the Z Shell
Copy and past the following commands and sure you need to perform this command with root permissions ,therefore we will use sudo
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade sudo apt-get install zsh
Z Shell Features
- Auto-correct on known commands
- Auto-complete : This is different from the default bash autocompletee.gYou typekill
and press . Instead of a list of files in current directory, you’ll see all your processes with their pids.
- Remote auto-completion :So I can view remote file listings :
Now if I press , I can view the remote directory listing on the remote server
- Expand variables~/ $PATH
you get =>
- Extended gobbling :To know what I mean try this :ls *(What one gets is : a list of gobble characters
- Use Alt-/ (forward slash) to move through argument history
- Shared command history between all running shells.This is something some people appreciate and some others wouldn’t like. But I find it useful for myself.